Did you know that your business might be eligible for grants up to the value of €2500?
National Digital Strategy has introduced a Trading Online Voucher scheme, which aim is to support and encourage small and medium Irish businesses to start selling online. The scheme is funded through the Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources and is being administered by the Local Enterprise Offices.
Under this scheme your business might qualify for funding to a maximum value of €2500 or 50% of eligible costs (exclusive of VAT), whichever is lesser.
In april program was expanded. Under this scheme businesses can now qualify for funding to a maximum value of €2500 with co-funding of 10% from the business. Also even if Your company have already received a Trading Online Voucher before, can now apply for a second one, where upgrades are required.
Free help and training is also provided in the delivery of this scheme.
Trading Online Vouchers eligibility criteria:
- Limited Online Trading presence
- Less than 10 employees
- Turnover less than €2m
- Applicant business must be registered and trading for at least 6 months
- Business must be located in one of the pilot areas under this phase of the scheme
There is however a number of projects ineligible for this scheme and those include (among others): companies with charitable status, commercial semi-state companies, “not for profit” organisations and professional IT services, who are already capable of trading online using existing in-house systems.
What can Trading Online Vouchers be used for:
- Development or upgrade of an e-commerce website
- Implementing online payments or booking systems
- Developing an app (or multiplatform webpages)
- Development and implementation of a digital marketing strategy
- Purchase of Internet related software
- Purchase of online advertising
- IT consultation
- Training/skills development
How to apply for a Trading Online Voucher scheme?
In order to apply for a Trading Online Voucher scheme please contact your Local Enterprise Office.
Program under current rules runs until September 30th 2020. Further eligibility, terms and conditions apply.
Important note: Only third party costs will be considered. Own labour is not an eligible expense.